Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting to Know Your Teammates: londicreations

This weeks interview is Londi from londicreations.

*Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi, my name is Londi. I'm originally from the U.S and am presently living in France. I have many hobbies – my favorite being mushroom hunting! My most favorite mushroom to find is the Morel. I also love going much higher in the French Alps to find chanterelles and cep mushrooms! When it is mushroom season, you often won’t find me at home. I am always out looking for a new patch to discover! In the evenings, I’m busy preparing four-star meals!





I love volunteering my time! I work with an organization call VSArt, an international nonprofit organization founded 35 years ago by Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith to create a society where people with disabilities learn through, participate in, and enjoy the arts. This is a hands on effort where we supply the materials and help them children and adults with floral composition, jewelry making, painting and music! Out of everything I do, this is the most satisfying!



*How did you learn your craft?
I was lucky to be born into a family full of talented artists and grew up with both a jewelry shop and pottery shop in my home. The feeling of melting or manipulating metal, touching stones or having my hands dirty with clay has always stuck with me!


My father is a master goldsmith; his mother was a jeweler and her father as well. I started making jewelry at a very young age.  When I was little, my mother bought my brother and me little pocket knives and bars of Ivory soap for us to carve.  By the time I was 16, I was soldering, sizing and wax carving, to which I took a real liking.


*Where do you find inspiration?
I am really just a kid at heart, inspired by tradition, nature, lighting, flowers, anything from a rock to a grain of sand – a piece of gold to a piece of glitter! I love to cook and bake (don’t like the calories), and it is reflected in the work I do as well as my titles. I like my jewelry looking like “eye candy”.



*Do you have a blog, twitter, face book, or any other social media you’d like us to know about?
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/londicreations
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/londicreations
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Londi-Luce/100000191764045
Londi's other Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/cranberrydreams


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this interview! I'm off to tweet it and fb! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete